Welcome to #WIPflash!
- This is a Flash Fiction EXCERPT challenge. Your story should contribute to a Work in Progress (no one will come to reclaim your winner’s badge if you write a standalone tale, it’s just the principle of the thing).
- Open: Friday 5:00pm (17:00) Eastern Time.
- Close: Saturday 5:00pm (17:00) Eastern Time.
- Word count: minimum of 100 words, maximum of 500 words.
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging).
- Post your story into the comments of this post.
- Please include your Twitter handle or email.
- Generally speaking, winners will be revealed Saturday night or Sunday (depending on judge’s time zone, the number and length of entries, how much sleep I’ve had, Mercury retrograde, etc.).
- You will be provided a choice of prompts.
- Anything in quotations ” ” must be used as given.
- Incorporate any or all of the prompts into your excerpt/story.
- Note which prompt(s) you chose.
- Honorable Mentions (up to 3)
Our Judge for Week 4:
Sometimes writer, sometimes motivating whipcracker…
Me (awww, yeah)
The Prompts. Do with them what you will and show us what your WIP is made of…
And we’re off. The clock is ticking. Good writing and good luck!