Welcome to #WIPflash!
It’s a new year, and folks have been after me to resurrect #MenageMonday. Alas, what is dead will stay dead in this case. No soap opera dream sequences or miracle survivals will save it. But… a new idea came to me. Yesterday. A few minutes of brainstorming, some badge-making, and BOOM. That’s just how I roll.
Since I’m also running year two of #WIP500 and because I’d love to see all you wonderful writer types get to the all important ‘the end’ portion of your manuscripts, #WIPflash is here to drive your writing forward.
- This is a Flash Fiction EXCERPT challenge. Your story should contribute to a Work in Progress (though no one will come to reclaim your winner’s badge if you write a standalone tale).
- Open: Friday 5:00pm (17:00) Eastern Time.
- Close: Saturday 5:00pm (17:00) Eastern Time.
- Word count: minimum of 100 words, maximum of 500 words.
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging).
- Post your story into the comments of this post.
- Please include your Twitter handle or email.
- Generally speaking, winners will be revealed Saturday night or Sunday (depending on judge’s time zone, the number and length of entries, Mercury retrograde, etc.).
- You will be provided a choice of prompts.
- Anything in quotations ” ” must be used as given.
- Incorporate any or all of the prompts into your excerpt/story.
- Note which prompt(s) you chose.
- Honorable Mentions (up to 3)
Our Judge for Week 1:
Writer, student, musician, all around overachiever. Oh… and my favorite blue alien…
The Prompts. Do with them what you will and show us what your WIP is made of…
And we’re off. The clock is ticking. Good writing and good luck!