#WIPflash – Week 1
Welcome to #WIPflash!
It’s a new year, and folks have been after me to resurrect #MenageMonday. Alas, what is dead will stay dead in this case. No soap opera dream sequences or miracle survivals will save it. But… a new idea came to me. Yesterday. A few minutes of brainstorming, some badge-making, and BOOM. That’s just how I roll.
Since I’m also running year two of #WIP500 and because I’d love to see all you wonderful writer types get to the all important ‘the end’ portion of your manuscripts, #WIPflash is here to drive your writing forward.
- This is a Flash Fiction EXCERPT challenge. Your story should contribute to a Work in Progress (though no one will come to reclaim your winner’s badge if you write a standalone tale).
- Open: Friday 5:00pm (17:00) Eastern Time.
- Close: Saturday 5:00pm (17:00) Eastern Time.
- Word count: minimum of 100 words, maximum of 500 words.
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging).
- Post your story into the comments of this post.
- Please include your Twitter handle or email.
- Generally speaking, winners will be revealed Saturday night or Sunday (depending on judge’s time zone, the number and length of entries, Mercury retrograde, etc.).
- You will be provided a choice of prompts.
- Anything in quotations ” ” must be used as given.
- Incorporate any or all of the prompts into your excerpt/story.
- Note which prompt(s) you chose.
- Honorable Mentions (up to 3)
Our Judge for Week 1:
Writer, student, musician, all around overachiever. Oh… and my favorite blue alien…
The Prompts. Do with them what you will and show us what your WIP is made of…
- “it’s a new year”
- an eclipse
- “change is coming”
And we’re off. The clock is ticking. Good writing and good luck!