Lordy, lordy… Look who’s 40!
Three prompts living under one challenge roof?
Welcome to #MenageMonday!
#MenageMonday is going strong, and thankfully turning 40 before I do. In honor of endurance, our 40th challenge honors the will, courage, and heart to survive.
- This is a Flash Fiction challenge. Your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 200 words.
- Incorporate each of the three prompts into your story. The phrase prompt (and anything else in quotations) MUST be used exactly as given.
- Post your story into the comments of this post.
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging).
- Please include your Twitter handle or email.
- The contest opens at 7 A.M. and closes at 10 P.M. Eastern Time.
- Generally speaking, the winner will be revealed Tuesday evening, huzzah!
So what do you get for all your time and effort, you ask? Badges, of course. (What, you thought this was a funded operation?) #MenageMonday awards THREE (squeeee!) badges each week:
- There is the undisputed CHAMP. Rather self explanatory.
- There is the JUDGE’S PET, for best use of the Judge’s prompt.
- Last but not least, the JUDGE gets a badge, because Judges need love, too.
Our Photographer AND Judge for Week 40:
I spied her photo and had to have it. Our negotiations led to this awesomely heroic woman trying on some judge’s robes as well.
For those who don’t know her, she survived an unexpected and epic battle with Toxic Shock Syndrome just this past June. Her special Judge’s prompt is inspired by her battle against the odds. Meet writer, blogger, wife, mom, and captain of #TeamOrange…
Stay at home mom to 2 beautiful girls. Loves books, good conversation, the theater and scotch. Writes romance while the kids are sleeping.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
The Phrase: “survive this” (this can appear anywhere in the story)
The Judge’s Prompt: scenario: You woke up… ten days later. What do you do? What do you remember? Where are you? How do you piece everything together?