Three prompts living under one challenge roof?
Welcome to #MenageMonday!
- This is a Flash Fiction challenge. Your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 200 words.
- Incorporate each of the three prompts into your story.
- Post your story into the comments of this post.
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging).
- Please include your Twitter handle or email.
- The contest opens at 7 A.M. and closes at 8 P.M. Eastern Time.
- The winner will be revealed Tuesday morning, huzzah!
So what do you get for all your time and effort, you ask? Badges, of course. (What, you thought this was a funded operation?) #MenageMonday awards THREE (squeeee!) badges each week:
- There is the undisputed CHAMP. Rather self explanatory.
- There is the JUDGE’S PET, for best use of the Judge’s prompt.
- Last but not least, the JUDGE gets a badge, because Judges need love, too.
Our Judge for Week Eight:
Reviewer, flash fictioneer, and all around awesomesauce…
When Maureen isn’t testing the improbability that she makes a better door than a window, she has been known to coauthor a few books, the latest being Paradox, The Curious Life and Mysterious Death of Mr. Joseph Wheeler, the first crowd-sourced novel on the planet and perhaps the longest title she’s ever seen. She is currently a NaNoWriMo participant and occasionally dusts off the finishing touches of her new series Rogue, The Aleiva Trilogy.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
The Phrase: “say what you want” (blame it on the Seether CD next to me when I was contemplating this prompt)
The Judge’s Prompt: “risible” (use the exact word)
Adjective: Such as to provoke laughter: “a risible scene of lovemaking in a tent.”
Don’t forget we’re back to normal rules this week. Max entry is 200 words. DON’T FORGET YOUR WORD COUNT!!
The clock is ticking. Good writing and good luck!