#MenageMonday Debuts – Week One
Three prompts living under one challenge roof?
Welcome to Week One of #MenageMonday!
A collection of animals; a menagerie.
A social group living together; a household.
Here’s how it all goes down:
#MenageMonday is based around three prompts, because let’s face it, when you read ménage, you immediately thought “Ménage à trois.” You know you did; you’re so dirty. I’ve always liked that about you. So, anyway… 3 prompts:
- Prompt 1 is an inspirational photo taken by yours truly.
- Prompt 2 is a phrase that may be worked anywhere into your tale; it just has to be there.
- Prompt 3 is the ever-changing Judge’s Prompt. The Judge is the boss so she/he can pick any damn sort of prompt… genre, POV, word, theme, character, season, chemical analysis of fingernail clippings, anything.
Rules (because it’s fun to make bullet lists of demands):
- This is a Flash Fiction challenge. Your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 200 words.
- Incorporate each of the three prompts into your story.
- Post your story into the comments of this post.
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging).
- Please include your Twitter handle or email.
- The contest opens at 7 A.M. and closes at 8 P.M. Eastern Time.
- The winner will be revealed Tuesday morning, huzzah!
So what do you get for all your time and effort, you ask? Badges, of course. (What, you thought this was a funded operation?) #MenageMonday awards THREE (squeeee!) badges each week:
- There is the undisputed CHAMPION. Rather self explanatory.
- There is the JUDGE’S PET, for best use of the Judge’s prompt.
- Last but not least, the JUDGE gets a badge, because Judges need love, too.
Our Judge for Week One:
The super-duper, extra brilliant, talented and lovely Scottish Word Slinger…
(She will throw that book at you, just fair warning)
And now (finally, I know), let’s get to the first challenge. Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
The Phrase: “raise the stakes” (this can appear anywhere in your story)
The Judge’s Prompt: uxorious (say what??)
Adjective: Having or showing an excessive or submissive fondness for one’s wife. (or as Siobhan puts it, “pussy whipped” )
Now go forth, ye devotees of Flash Fiction… the clock is ticking.